So it's come to my attention that a few people, myself included have been accused of bullying and harassment by a member of the DA community. I think it's time to clear things up and give a rundown of the chain of events. In fairness, and so this doesn't seem like an escalation, I'm going to do so without naming names...
1) A man on DA tries to solicit nude and lewd photos from a girl he knows is 14 yrs old. Over the course of a couple days, he says he is suffering from cancer, and dying in hospital (he includes *cough, cough* in his notes to the girl). Of course she is scared and sad because over time, he coerced and strongarmed people into doing what he wanted by using fear and emotional blackmail (saying that he's on the verge of killing himself, has a gun in his hand, etc) countless times. Not just with her, but many others as well.
2) The 14 yr old girl then posts a journal exposing him for what he's done and said, and gains much support from the DA community. This causes the man to backpeddle and apologize, but also to lash out and contact the girl, telling her how SHE'S hurt HIM and that she should take the journal down. The next step is for his girlfriend to contact the girl and threaten her, while again using emotional blackmail via threats of suicide. Smartly, the girl stays strong and doesn't back down. With some urging, she files a report to DA. DA then takes down her journal because it promotes mass-reporting of one incident/individual.
3) The man's girlfriend then says that the man has killed himself and will follow because that was their deal. She then blames the girl directly, saying she caused it and that she should feel all the guilt. She then tells her she is going to kill herself and then tries to place the blame squarely onto the 14 yr old girl for the alleged suicides of these two individuals. However, upon examinations of uploaded comments on DA, the girlfriend is still commenting and responding to comments posted. It strikes me odd that someone who is so distraught and feels the need to kill themselves, has the time or patience to continue to do so. In addition, hours after the girlfriend said the man killed himself in her journal on DA (An odd place to express your dying declaration, in my opinion. That is unless you're trying to gain sympathy and favour on the medium where you've been guilty of a massive transgression).
4) Next, the man who had allegedly killed himself starts to post and comment on things, before posting a journal saying he is going to kill himself because his girlfriend killed herself. Again however, for hours he keeps responding and commenting on other posts, again blaming everyone else, and especially the girl he attempted to get the dirty pictures from.
5) Finally, someone else claiming to be close to these two individuals begins posting things. First, a journal meant to be proof of the suicide of the man by including the note left behind and info pulled from a newspaper regarding the internment. The "newspaper" had apparently posted the info in the past tense despite the fact the alleged suicide happened just the night before. Once some of the info in this note was debunked, two more journals followed and were written using the same grammar and syntax of the man who allegedly killed himself. Finally, another journal was posted along with a deviation showing a blocked list and comments trying to defame some of the people who were most vocal in spreading awareness about what happened. This person was claiming that they themselves were being bullied and harassed by the people on this list. I was on this list, but have had no contact with the person posting the deviation.
Now, I don't believe that the latest person involved is in fact either of the people who allegedly killed themselves. I do however believe that they are close to them and that he is either a) telling her what to say, or b) she's given him access to the account where he can sign in and comment periodically.
Now, I don't revel in this sort of thing, in fact I wish it had never happened, but I do feel the need to stay involved and not let the girl who was accosted face this alone. Incidentally, another thing I find interesting is that if two people close to me, one being a family member, had just committed suicide, would I really be spending so much time on a website like DA, or Facebook, or Twitter for that matter? I know I wouldn't be...